Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch

To: N0OEL@aol.com, merlin-7@sc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:26:27 -0800
At 05:03 PM 3/12/2006, N0OEL@aol.com wrote:
>I think that he best bang for the buck for an antenna switch is the RCS-8V
>Ameritron 5 position switch which uses a control box on 110 and sends a low
>voltage current up a remote line to the switch point on your  tower.    It is
>cheap (about $139) and works  well.    I use two of them and have
>for  years!
>  I use regular light weight rotor control  cable.   The switch grounds the
>antennas not in use when you select a  particular switch.

You can remove a jumper in the relay box if you don't want
grounding.  There are cases where you'd rather have it open circuited.

>The wireless Ameritron is just more lossey and I dont recommend it unless
>you can't run a cable.

If you're talking about the 4 way switch, it uses the scheme of positive
half cycles of AC to actuate one relay and negative half cycles for the
other relay(s), so it definitely won't work with 12VDC supply.