Re: [TowerTalk] New Cushcraft XM240 Trouble

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Cushcraft XM240 Trouble
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:40:10 -0500
How high is this antenna when you are measuring the SWR? Sounds about
right for an XM240 at about 15 to 20 ft high, or maybe at 30 ft high if
it's over a set of radials.

Your analyzer could also be lying to you.  It it picks up any
significant amount of signal from a local station, it will give you bad
readings.  I can't check mine with an analyzer for that reason.  Try
using your rig.

Also is it close to any other antennas?

Grounding of the reflector to the boom should make no difference in SWR
or radiated pattern.

Jerry, K4SAV