Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:30:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Being a pilot, I see more and more airports shut down all the time due to
people doing things like building a subdivision just past the end of the
runway, then complaining about the noise. Being a car race fan,
I see them move out by a local speedway and manage to get it shut down (they're
working on trying to get the local Indy Car/Dragstrip race facility shut down).
They move next to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm (or one of many other
amusement parks) and fight the park when they want to build a new roller
coaster, because "the riders screams will be too noisy" (yes, these situations
are true.)

Then in my old neighborhood, I had a Rohn 48 foot tower with a 2-element quad.
The new neighbor who moved in across the street tried to get the neighbors
rallied against it, called the City to investigate, and was heartbroken when he
was told that I had a tower permit. Never once ever came to talk to me about it
or say anything, whatsoever. He's just glared at me all these years. I was so
glad that I got that tower permit, even though most people told me "just put it
up".

I really don't understand people who move to places where there are established
businesses, entertainment facilities, radio towers, etc. and then try to make
them go away.....

LJ