Re: [TowerTalk] Arc During Lightning Storm

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Arc During Lightning Storm
From: Rod Elliott <ve3irf@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:55:29 +0000
Last year I experienced a lightning-induced pulse in a very close-up
and personal way. Was tinkering with an antenna fed with ladder line.
In the shack I was holding the (stripped) ends of the line in my left
hand, along with a piece of bare #3 AWG connected to my safety ground.

Suddenly felt a strong electrical jolt in that hand. About three
seconds later I heard the thunder...

Guess the Guardian Angel of Lids was in the shack with me that day... hi!

73 + don't do as I did!

Rod Elliott VE3UW