Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted

To: "'Bill Coleman'" <aa4lr@arrl.net>, <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted
From: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:42:06 -0700

Not True, the MA-40 is designed as a free standing tower.

On Oct 21, 2006, at 3:02 PM, <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>
<rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Considering a US Towers MA40 -- with Cushcraft A3S and AW3S beams
> attached.... Anyone had any expereinces with this tower?  Can it
> hold both
> the Cushcraft antennas without guys?

The MA40 is designed to be bracketed to a structure, so you should
keep that in mind.

The MA40 probably does not have the structural strength to hold BOTH
an A3S and A3WS at the same time. One or the other would probably be
fine, as the A3S is about 4 sq ft, although you'd likely have to
leave it cranked down when not in use.

I looked at the MA40 as a possibility, but ended up going with a Rohn
25 tower 15m high bracketed at 5.5m and 8m. It holds my A3S/A743
nicely with a good operating margin.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

It has removed 76 spam emails to date.