Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted

To: "'WA3GIN in King George, VA'" <wa3gin@rcn.com>,"'Mike, K6BR'" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>,"'Bill Coleman'" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted
From: <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:45:53 -0500
Thanks, Mike!   I'll have the tower on the ground-mount with the rotor
underneath, rather than at the top for better stability and reliability (and
my own piece of mind). A friend and I drove from Cleveland to Omaha NE over
the weekend to pick up the MA-40 with full accessories, rotor base,
tilt-over fixtures, cable standoffs and near-new coax and rotor cables...
About 20% of new price !   Well worth the drive....  I think I might try the
tribander at about 5 feet or so, with a 2/440/6m vertical/radials a tad
above that... Anyone recommend spacing?

Cheers... Bob  KK8ZZ

Bob Hinkle  KK8ZZ
Solon, Ohio 44139