Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted

To: <rdhinkle@sbcglobal.net>,"'Mike, K6BR'" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>,"'WA3GIN in King George, VA'" <wa3gin@rcn.com>,"'Bill Coleman'" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Info or experiences on US Towers MA40 wanted
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:52:17 -0500
Mike,
I had another tower like that...I forget the brand, but I packed the base
with 8x16 inch patio blocks and then filled the gaps with either sand or
clay soil depending on the size of the gap.
Dug it up and replanted it a bunch of times.
Worked great!  Just keep an eye on the weld where the pivot plate is.
It's not fun if it breaks.
Mine came off while tilting it over, but it hung up there and all was
OK...just scary.
Vy 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964