Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope
From: Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:29:50 -0500
The advantages of good 1/2" double braid rope for a tram line:

1) Plenty strong - 10,000 lb breaking strength, 2400 lb. working load.

2) Has a *small* amount of stretch available, which acts to lessen peak
load under shock.

3) Is much easier to work with compared to steel.

4) Because it is non conductive, antennas can be tuned while hanging
from it.

Case closed, as far as I'm concerned...

Steve K8LX