Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:55:51 -0700
How can a loss in property value be calculated and how can it be
proven to be caused by a ham antenna?  House values fluctuate greatly
in most active home markets.  They can vary by +/-5% in a month.
It's just not possible to quantify the small effect a ham tower could
have.  What about neighbors that don't mow their lawn regularly?  What
about kids playing in the street when a potential buyer dislikes kids?
 What about the paint color of the house next door?  Gee, there are
snooty people that drive nothing but Mercedes that wouldn't want to
buy in my neighborhood for a number of reasons.  How would you ever be
able to quantify the effect of a ham tower?