Re: [TowerTalk] Come-along recommendation needed

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Come-along recommendation needed
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:25:34 -0500

Bill,

Are you using two thrust bearings to keep the mast vertical while you raise
and load it with antennas?

I have had good success using a car jack to raise the mast and antenna
(short 5' mast, Force 12 C3E).

Pretty lightweight and I had to only raise it about 12" to install an
AlfaSpid rotator, but it worked very well for me.

I know 15-20ft of mast is a lot to raise only a foot at a time, but it might
be worth a try....it doesn't sound like the come-along is suitable for what
you want to do.

HTH

73,
Dale, kg5u