Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 meters

To: jeremy-ca <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 meters
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:37:11 -0700
Wrong again, Carl.  I've seen it mentioned here several times on this
reflector that radials such a small a percent of a wavelength above
ground really don't act as tuned elevated radials since they couple so
closely to the ground, and that would seem to make intuitive sense.  If
you start with radials laying on the ground and closely coupled to it,
then raise them a foot or so off the ground, then raise them some more,
then some more ... the determining factor for when they begin to act
independently of the ground is going to be some function of a wavelength.

Dave   AB7E