Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question

To: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower Base Question
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:47:13 -0500
On 12/02/07 03:09 pm RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:

> I plan to install an LM-470 in the near future. The base specs are 3'6 X 3'6
> X 7 feet. A note
> on the drawing mentions ..."undisturbed soil"... . The Backhoe Operator tells
> me the hole he
> digs will be more like 6' X 6' and the will use concrete forms to reduce it
> to the required size.
> After the forms are removed, they will backfill the hole.
>
> What do you folks think of that plan ?

My concrete guy gave me a fixed-price quote for the hole for my HDX-555.
The hole was supposed to be 5x5x7 but ended up significantly larger, so
he simply poured more concrete: 9yds instead of 6.5. Perhaps he had
already allowed for that possibility when he quoted, but I still paid
only what he quoted.

73

Alan NV8A