Re: [TowerTalk] Combined Dipoles

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Combined Dipoles
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:08:20 -0400
I have used various configurations like this on and off for 25 years
and I agree with everything Jim says.

One year at our club Field Day operation we made one with wires for
160/80/40/20/15/10. Theoretically the 40 would have taken care of 15
also, but we were having fun adding wires! :) I think we used 1200
feet of rope tying off the ends. That beast was heavy. We needed two
or three people on the rope used to hoist the thing up... with one
person we had the antenna and an operator dangling on opposite ends
of a rope! I think there's a picture of that in existence somewhere...

73,
Paul N1BUG