[TowerTalk] excavator

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] excavator
From: "Its from Onion" <aredandgold@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:49:50 -0500
Scott McClements wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of trying to find a excavator to dig the footing
> for my HDX572 tower.  To the 5 people I've talked to so far, this
> 5x5x8 hole is difficult. I think mostly because none of them have a
> small enough backhoe. Most of them want to dig a big hole and have me
> pour into a concrete form and backfill later

Hi Scott,

Nobody said the hole has to be square.  Find a utility pole contractor that
has a digger derrick truck with a 36" bit.

ALL OF the traffic light / street light poles in your city have round holes and
you cant knock
them down with a truck.  Trust me, I seen it tried.
Might even save on concrete.

For the life of me cannot see why ham folks love square holes, much easer to
dig round
ones.

F. Lee George (KE4VYN)
Construction Supervisor (retired)