Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding mast?

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding mast?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:27:43 -0700
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:08:45 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

>  NEC Chapter 8 requires a separate ground

The word "separate" is unfortunate and out of place. NEC does NOT
allow SEPARATE grounds -- it requires that all premises ground
electrodes be bonded together.  If we have one ground for our
station and another for the power system, they MUST be bonded
together. I suspect that what you meant is that there must be ground
electrodes dedicated to the tower, that they are IN ADDITION to
those required for the power system for the premises, and that they
must be bonded together. That is what NEC requires, and that is good
engineering practice.

73,
Jim Brown K9YC