Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop
From: "Roger N0VR" <n0vr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:36:29 -0600
So true!

The only way I've overcome that problem is to make connections and seal them
on the ground before I put things "in-the-air". Then it's just a matter of
routing cables to wherever they are destined.

A lot of the different wx proofing ideas we have seen over the years are
very interesting. There are aspects of all of them that are reasonable and
work well. It's fun to take bits and pieces of others experiences and try to
make one work for you.

I like the reference to the goop-lined heat shrink. I've never heard of
that. Anyone have a favorite source for that stuff?

As far as sealing connectors in-place on the tower without using heat or hot
glue, that sounds like fodder for another thread to share all of our cool
methods. :-)

Keep all the great ideas flowing. The sharing of experiences is how we
learn.

Roger, N0VR