Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop

To: Roger N0VR <n0vr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:27:45 -0700
On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 11:36 -0600, Roger N0VR wrote:
> I like the reference to the goop-lined heat shrink. I've never heard of
> that. Anyone have a favorite source for that stuff?

I've used several boxes of Tech Tron branded adhesive lined heat shrink
tubing.  I buy it from  a local electronics shop but found this online:

<http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/thescienceshop/the-2141/Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Kits/Detail>

It's advertised as the "Dual Wall Heat Shrink Kit".  In their
description, they leave out the 6 pieced of 3/8" tubing included.

If you do a google search, you'll come up with lots of other sources of
adhesive lined heat shrink.  Mouser carries it.  Heat shrink is
expensive enough and the adhesive lined stuff is even more so.  While I
love it, I use it only when needed.

-Jeff
KE7FRJ