Re: [TowerTalk] Orion Rotor Indication Trouble

To: wa5zup <wa5zup@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion Rotor Indication Trouble
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:23:06 -0400
Jim,

Having gone through a rebuild earlier this year, I suggest you also
replace the limit switches while you have the beast apart.
Make sure the motor brushes are not worn and its bypass capacitors are good.
M2 recommends a particular white lithium grease for the gear train. I
bought the stuff they recommend (special order from a distributer) but
it tends to melt. I would use a heavier grade next time.
You can get similar or better from McMaster Carr like their part number
1394K3 <javascript:TargetLink('TR936','tr','PT9361','1394K3');>  or similar.
To waterproof the case, put a film of grease on the edge of each half of
it when you reassemble.
Take pictures of each step when disassembling so you don't have a
problem later.

Les W2LK