Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower install - help request

To: Mat Eshpeter <kk1c@live.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower install - help request
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:34:35 -0700

Mat Eshpeter wrote:

> I am about to install a US Tower crankup model HDX589. I would like to talk

I have an HDX5106, which is another section higher than yours.
The USTower drawing showed the wrong anchor bolt size.  Do not
trust their documentation.  Check everything yourself.  As has
been pointed out, there is no manual, and the calculations document has
numerous errors.  At least on my model, they want you to grout
under the base plate.  Other than that, the concrete is the same
as for any other tower.

Rick N6RK