Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Crank-up

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Crank-up
From: Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:52:20 -0400
Thanks to all for the thought put into all the responses to my question about
the homebrew crank-up tower.

One of the responses sent to me was from someone who actually did exactly what
I am talking about 27 years ago.  The tower is homemade, 32 inches on a face
for the bottom 80 feet and 22 inches on a face for the top part which can
telescope up to about 138 feet.  In addition the whole tower is insulated from
ground and rotates with only has one guy ring at the 70 foot level.  Although a
big project, It is all pretty simple and straight-forward especially if the
tower does not have to be insulated and rotating.

I'm not sure whether I will do it or not but will be thinking about it for the
next few weeks.

Again, I appreciate all the responses.  There is a wealth of knowledge on this
reflector.

73...Stan, K5GO