Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Insurance

To: towertalk@contesting.com, nv8a@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Insurance
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:10:47 -0400
Contact an agent ... there has been a lot of speculation here but
since you are a renter special issues are at play.  Renters insurance
generally covers contents - not structures on a property even if they
were erected by a tenant.

Structures attached to the land are generally covered by the owner's
policy (e.g., replacement of structures).

In addition, there are issues of liability ... again, talk to an
expert agent and attorney experienced in landlord/tenant issues.
Erecting a tower (normally considered a "permanent improvement")
on rental properly is a unique situation.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV