Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Insurance
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:11:42 -0500
What are you going to do with the large concrete/rebar base when your lease
expires?  Did you get a building permit?  Are you in conformity with the
local zoning regs?  Are you putting down a lightning protection system that
you can remove when you move out?

Has your landlord given written permission?

I had a ham neighbor who moved into a rental house 1000' from me.  He
erected a small crank-up that didn't require a concrete base.  He had no
building permit, wasn't in compliance with the required setbacks, and had it
in his front yard.  He had no idea what the county planning and development
department required.  Fortunately he moved when his one-year lease expired.

Insurance is just one of the considerations.

Jim N7US