Re: [TowerTalk] Crimped PL-259's

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimped PL-259's
From: "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@mozarks.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:03:05 -0500
I was simply responding to the statement that they are almost never
used except in amateur applications - a statement that is not
correct.

I can say though, servicing commercial LMR equipment since the late
70's, the last 15 as a dealer for various brands, (Motorola and Icom
primarily)
I have NEVER had to replace a faulty SO-239, or Mini UHF female connector on
a radio.

Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!