Re: [TowerTalk] 5 x conductor rotor cable ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 5 x conductor rotor cable ?
From: Adam Shirley WJ4X <wj4x@amsat.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:37:11 -0400
OlFlex cable from Lapp (http://www.lappusa.com) would be a great choice.
I use a 22 conductor to the tower and then a 8 conductor up to the top
myself for a small rotator. They offer many different combinations you
might find useful. It's rated in millions of flexes (commonly used in
moving machinery)

You may run into another problem...
An 8 amp load at 175 ft, you're might have to think a little larger wire
to keep from having voltage drop issues. 12ga at 175 ft with 24v has a
voltage drop of 5.5 volts. Perhaps a remote relay system at the tower
base is in order?

But I'm just guessing...

  73!
   -Adam