Re: [TowerTalk] champion radio replacement clamp for orion 2800

To: "Hector Garcia XE2K" <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] champion radio replacement clamp for orion 2800
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:58:29 -0800
I have a K7NV prop pitch which is generally great.
This clamp is also great, but only if your mast is
very accurately 2 inches.  I have a Texas Towers mast that is
just slightly over 2 inches due to galvanizing and
it is at the outer limit of what will fit in the K7NV
machined clamp.  I had another mast that was 2.05
inches that didn't fit at all.  The advantage of the
Champion clamp is that it has some tolerance for
mast size.

Rick N6RK