Re: [TowerTalk] TB3 Bolts

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TB3 Bolts
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 14:12:46 -0400
Depending on your location, it may be better to use galvanized hardware.
Tom may be using this bearing at his Barbados station.  It has been my
experience that in highly corrosive environments, there is tremendous
corrosion to aluminum when it touches stainless steel.  I had poor luck
using a TB3 bearing at P40A.  My first one wouldn't easily turn when new and
the replacement started to get tight after six months.  I replaced it with a
Create bearing and I had no problems.  Good luck with your project Tom!

John KK9A