Re: [TowerTalk] Two signals on the same frequency?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two signals on the same frequency?
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:33:02 +0000
It is not just the modulation that must be matched it is the carrier phase.
If you use separate transmitters it is likely that they will not be on
exactly the same frequency, nor would their phases be locked even if they
did end up on or near the same exact frequency.  This would result in
periodic signal cancellation the same as happens on vhf with mobile stations
having multi path problems.

IF you you the same transmitter and simply split the power then you can
calculate the directivity changes with any decent antenna modeling program.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net