Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks
From: "Kenneth Goodwin" <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:52:36 -0500
Climbers call them Fifi hooks (also Grappling Hook, Cliff Hanger, Talon).
They are used in aid climbing (rock climbing with mechanical tool
assistance) and only used as a last resort. Ken K5RG

Re hooks:  I saw some guys climbing a while back with large OPEN hooks,
which were great for easy moving while climbing.  They were like giant fish
hooks, maybe four inches across the opening...no snap gates to deal with.
What are they called?  I didn't see them at any of the dealers.