Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks
From: "n4zkf" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:57:50 -0400
They also make "climbing helmets" which my team is required to wear at all
times when onsite on the tower. Hardhat on the ground. I had my new truck 2
days about 8 years ago and was at the base of the tower on a conference call
while a team was on the tower. I was 200+ feet away from the tower INSIDE
the truck. All of a sudden a big BANG off my roof. I get out, looked on top
of my brand new roof and there is a dent that was created by an old style
Nextel phone. When it fell out of his bag it bounced off a horizontal about
300' up and then came straight out from the tower 200' and hit my new truck.
Nice dent!

Wear head protection!

73 Dave
n4zkf