Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:47:35 -0700
The mass of your head is the key issue.  Nobody is going to be able to
keep their neck from snapping backward in a sudden fall arrest with a
chest ring unless you are lucky enough to fall vertically, but most of
the time you are going to lose your grip and fall backward.  If your
head snaps forward due to a rear attachment ring it stops when your chin
hits your chest or your head hits the tower, neither of which are as
likely to kill you as a fractured neck.

Dave   AB7E