Re: [TowerTalk] Jackhammer removal of tower base difficulty?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Jackhammer removal of tower base difficulty?
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:58:16 -0400
On 11/2/2011 10:18 PM, R. Morris wrote:
> On 11/02/2011 08:53 PM, Patrick Barkey wrote:
>> Rich,
>>
>> I have personal experience with this.
>>
>> The older (stronger) the concrete,
> Speaking of old...unless you are under 42 and do this once a week,
> consider what your body will think, about five hours into this project.
>
> Best done with one finger...on the telephone dial, to someone with real
> tools, a truck to haul it away and the liability coverage.

Dynamite is a whale of a lot more fun!<:-))  OTOH it's a bit more
difficult to get the permit now days than it was when I was young.
1/4 sticks of 40% done a little at a time will turn the whole chunk of
concrete into something you can shovel. (if used correctly). I've done
it within
2' of a foundation and 6 to 8 feet from a window with no ill, or
expensive side effects.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)