Re: [TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?

To: John Lemay <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?
From: krishna kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 07:43:07 -0500
John et all,
  I just recabled my tower the past week. I found that the 5 year old
(perhaps older) stainless steel cable
  showed signs of slight rust on the coiled up rounds on the drum of the
winch.
  I was hoping that the prelube will prevent the corrosion on that part
of the cable. I don't know if the polymer coat will stay intact on the
exposed run of the cables.

krish
w4vku