Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Steps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Steps
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:37:07 -0500
On 12/18/2011 1:55 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
> They are pretty easy to make out of aluminum angle stock.  You can buy the
> material already cut to length and you just need to drill four holes for the
> u-bolts.
Just be sure to use material that will provide at least twice the
strength needed. This is not a place where "just sufficient" inspires
confidence.
My preference would be steel channel with a brace. I'd also add a piece
on the end sticking up to prevent slipping off.
Yes, it's more elaborate than absolutely needed, but if you were selling
them it would be required.

They are easy to make and there'd probably be a good market, but I sure
wouldn't want the liability.

73

Roger (K8RI)
<snip>