Re: [TowerTalk] TailTwister overhaul

To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TailTwister overhaul
From: jpk5lad@cox.net
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 22:00:15 -0500
Hi Bob --
I was going to refer you to my website but I see that you
already ran across it.  Just one other thing -- I had a ham
write me recently about the ball bearings wanting to know
the size so he could check locally for a source.  I
happened to have one pretty handy and measured it as
3/8".  He wrote me back that he was able to buy all he
needed plus a big bunch of spares, from there in his town
for just a couple of bucks.  That would beat the MFJ price
all to pieces.

Good luck with your project and I hope the article on my
website is a help.

73,
Jim - K5LAD

BTW - That need to rotate in the opposite direction first
before starting your main turn is common to the Tail-
Twister due to the brake point being a bit more square
than the other models.  If yours is just now requiring that
after all these years you've led a charmed life and I'd
recommend you buy a ticket for the next big lottery.
You're a lucky man.

On 1 Apr 2012 at 18:03, Bob K6UJ wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Thanks,  I'll put a new one in  for good measures and see what
> happens. It is probably due to be replaced after all these years
> anyway.
>
> tnx
> Bob
> K6UJ
>

> On Apr 1, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Gary Schafer wrote:
>
> > Before you take it down from the tower you might want to try a new
> > capacitor in the control box. A weak capacitor could be the problem
> > of the motor not always wanting to start, not enough torque.
> >
> > 73
> > Gary  K4FMX

=====
Growing old is like being increasingly penalized
for a crime you haven't committed.
-- Anthony Powell
Visit my webpages at: