Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast

To: dick@ny1e.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing on mast
From: k2qmf@juno.com
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:18:16 -0400
Hi All,

I used 1.9" OD Sch 40 water pipe to hold up
a Hy-Gain TH6-DXX 6 element tribander 7 feet
above the tower.  The same pipe and antenna and tower
were up for over 30 years with no problems...

73,
Ted  K2QMF

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:53:32 -0700 (PDT) Dick NY1E <dick@ny1e.com>
writes:
> Lets not get carried away, 4-5 feet of 1.5" (1.9 OD) water pipe is
> fine for your antenna...Works for many 40 meter  beams 10' above the
> tribander...
>
> Please don't use Sch 40 water pipe even for a VHF antenna.  Exposing
> 4 or
> more feet increases the chance of it bending in the wind.  Water
> pipe
> strength is a flow inside not outside wind strength.
> Dave K4JRB

Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/50539f37fc791f362970st02vuc