Re: [TowerTalk] Mast vs. R45G part deux

To: "'Mickey Baker'" <fishflorida@gmail.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast vs. R45G part deux
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:18:21 -0500
The guys that put up my tower up back in 2001 had to put in a 21 foot piece
of mast in the top of the 120 foot tower.  They first pulled up an old piece
of Rohn 25 and lashed it to the very top of the tower.  Then they both
climbed up with one at the top of the lashed section and one at the top of
the tower. I guess that it gave them the leverage they needed so that they
were able to put it through the top section of the tower. It took them two
tries but they were able to do it without too much trouble. I was glad I
wasn't up there but they seemed real comfortable with that process.

I have pictures I think.

Bill W5VX