[TowerTalk] Fwd: 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exist?
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
The problem boils down to what dielectric or in this case what insulation you
can find for your wires. Teflon insulation is good but expensive. I don't know
the characteristics of "regular house" wires. I guess that PVC might not be too
good and I have no knowledge of the newer insulators. I wonder if it is
possible to make a Ladder Line with small enough distance between the
conductors to get 50 - 75 ohms impedance. Somehow I think it is not feasible
although air as an insulator will have low losses.

Hans - N2JFS