Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:35:18 -0500
The Delta 240 is a coil version, and does not use linear loading.

I've never owned a Cushcraft but I've had the linear loaded 2 element 40 and two versions of the 240. The first version had coils enclosed in pvc and the current version is wound on some sort of plastic form. I went to the new version when I ordered the Delta 240/230 beam which I should have done in the first place. Having 2 elements on 30m makes it easy to work pileups.

Both Delta's tuned very easily based on the dimensions given. I just pulled them up the side of the tower about 30' to check the swr and it was exactly like the manual said they would behave at the low height. Once they were raised to the top of the tower the delta's resonated right where the manual said they would.

The linear loaded 2 element 40's took more work to tune but once tuned it played well. The one thing I missed was the relay box option which would allow you to switch between cw and ssb with the flip of a switch.

Now that F12 sold to InnovAntennas, I'm not sure if the 240 or 230/240 will be available. I know the C31xr will be.

Rich - N5ZC

The first version of the 250 had