Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi
From: "K5JZ" <k5jz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:35:59 -0500
I have owned a 620/340 Magnum for many years. I love this antenna. It was up
about 10 years before a direct hit by Hurricane Katrina damaged it by breaking
the 40 meter elements at the first joint... all three damaged elements were
located on the starboard side of the boom. I tuned the driven element when
installed at 100 feet and it performed very well indeed. I bought the heaviest
replacement boom that Tom Schiller would make (120mph) and rebuilt and
reinstalled the antenna. It has been back up in place since 2010 and there is
no way that I would switch this antenna out

---
New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here:
http://www.oeclassic.com/

. I did perform a few minor mods to strengthen it and I added internal weight
to the boom, on the forward end, to balance the antenna. I have a 340N Magnum
still in the box if I ever do need to replace it. Count me in the
"outstanding antenna" camp.

73,
George K5JZ