Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Delta 240 2 Elem 40M Yagi
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 07:07:12 -0400
in the 7 years.  The good news, and why I bought it, was that the bandwidth
on the 240X was 250khz (and it was).  Overall, I liked the antenna despite
its quirks.  Oh yes it was very light as well.

I now use a M2 3el on a 32 ft boom.  That is a killer antenna.  Its got a
200 - 220 khz BW and more gain.  More robust.  But its heavy at over 150lbs.
The cost of it is not much more than the 2 els from F12 and CC but it will
blow the doors off either antenna.  I have held a run frequency on CQ WW,
ARRL DX, and WPX on 40 SSB using 100W and this antenna at 85 ft.

73

Ed  N1UR