Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?
From: "Gary - N5KDA" <n5kda@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 18:53:08 -0500
I do a lot of VHF/UHF and ran stuff like 7/8" and 1 5/8" heliax down the tower
legs. Then I noticed the cell phone companies run their heliax down the face of
the tower. Around SW MS it seems to be random (what ever is easy for the
installer). In the long run I don't think it makes any difference. If strong
rotating wind gets to the tower there is no way to know which side it will blow
strongest on.

Having three towers that survived an EF-2 that's just my opinion.

Gary - N5KDA