Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor cable / Steppir cable connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor cable / Steppir cable connectors
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:43:58 -0600
That is exactly what I meant yesterday when I posted "Why do you need a
quick disconnect". A terminal strip in a Nema box or inside the rotator is
dry and it is not difficult to disconnect the wires for occasional
servicing.  You can also install MOVs on this strip to protect your motor
and indicator from lightning damage which may eliminate some rotator
failures. A terminal strip inside a Nema box is easier than sealing and
unsealing a "quick disconnect" and there is little risk of water ingress
or corrosion. Disconnecting screw terminal wires is the easiest part of
removing, repairing and replacing an antenna rotator.

73,
John KK9A