Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mryan001@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:49:17 -0500
>  Over the years I have heard stories of unexplained  failures with Mosley
antennas which were equally unexplained as having to do  with the selection
of certain coax cables. One recent incident was with a local  here that had
trouble getting a PRO 67 to ?cooperate? only with the use of RG  213 cable.

    A Mosley PRO series? My condolences.

    My experience has been that the PRO Mosleys are  very sensitive to
anything near them. This includes 2M verticals, etc. And you  have to have the
exact feed arrangement that they show. Both will cause  problems.

    Test the antenna with an analyzer at the feedpoint  and work your way
back to the shack from there.

Cheers,
Steve       K7LXC
TOWER TECH