Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:07:12 -0500

I too have had Mosley antennas over the years (TA33 and TA36) and in
both cases I noticed a significant improvement in performance when I
replaced the TA33 with a Cushcraft A4 and the TA36 with a HyGain
TH7DXX (neither of which is a "high performance" tribander by modern
standards).

K7LXC will not "talk his book" but I will say that multiple unbiased
antenna range tests - including those reported in the K7LXC/N0AX
"Tribander Test Reports" - have shown that the Mosley antennas perform
more poorly than any other manufacturer's multiband yagis of similar
boom lengths.  Some tests even showed certain Mosley antennas had
*loss* compared to a dipole at the same height above ground.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV