Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:56:35 -0500
Doug make some good points.

I'd also ask if anyone actually checked out his new station to make sure it was hooked up properly and showing a good SWR?

I also wonder if he assembled the antenna correctly. Was there solder in the connectors? Don't laugh...OK, go ahead and laugh, but I have seen it. I've worked locals on the dummy load...Course I worked N8ERF (Bout 2 blocks distant) when I THOUGHT I was on the dummy load and tuned for "tilt"! He heard me quite well. Considering the power I thought I was running into the dummy load, I imagine hams in many states outside of Michigan did as well.

Always double check what coax goes where after reassembling the station! <sheesh!>
Not that anyone else on here has done that.

We've had a few hams in the area over the years where it took several trips to get them operating. They seemed to have little idea as to what was required for operating, or safety.

73

Roger  (K8RI)