[TowerTalk] Fwd: My first introduction to guy-wire dead end grips

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: My first introduction to guy-wire dead end grips
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:04:11 -0500
They work in a similar way as a screw/nut, friction.

Once they are installed friction prevent they from coming lose. The harder the
pull the harder the grip pulls itself around the cable. Friction prevents it
from unwinding itself as it grips around the cable.

I noticed, when I installed my grips that you only need two or three turns in
place to stop the guy wire from slipping. I have no doubts that when the rest
was wound up around the cable it would never slip off.

Hans - N2JFS