[TowerTalk] AN Wireless

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless
From: Art <w1ajt@atolda.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 19:48:35 +0000 (UTC)
I am new to Tower Talk and seldom write on reflectors.  I own an AN 90HD that I
bought directly fromDan knocked-down in 2007.  I assembledthe tower sections
over a Winter and had it put it up in the Spring.  I don’t have the option to
create the properbase since at the location I have only about 18 inches of soil
then a solidgranite rock about a ¼ acre in size.  Mytower has a 2 ft. x 16
sq.ft pad of rebar and high strength concrete with 12six foot bolts drilled and
epoxied into the granite rock.

Because of the location, totally surrounded by 80 ft. trees,and antenna, 205 kg
with 40 ft. boom and 3 of 17 elements 48 ft long, I had 3tower professionals to
erect everything in one day.  Together they have well over 60 years’experience
with commercial towers throughout Canada.  When putting up the antenna we had
10 to 15mph wind gusts and I thought we were through for the day since all
three had tohandle the antenna but they did not want to come down.

When they did, they all said that they were amazed that therewas no tower
movement at all with three men on top and the wind gusts.  If the “K7 tower
guy(?)” actually purportsthat a Trylon HD tower is even close he is being
professionallyirresponsible.  All of the towercompanies have increased their
base specs; Rohn, Trylon, and AN.  Unless you need a PE sign-off, let
yourconscience be your guide.

Today, after 8 years of harsh Canadian Winters and many icestorms both the
tower and antenna look the same as the day they were installedincluding every
bolt and fastener.  Everyone who has seen the tower is impressed by its
robustness andalmost all own Trylon’s or Rohn’s of every type.

If you want a heavy duty tower built to last then it’s ANWireless.

Just my thoughts,

Art – VE3UTT / W1AJT