Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Cobbectors Part 2 - Murray W9EHQ

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Cobbectors Part 2 - Murray W9EHQ
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 03:15:20 -0400
I much prefer the sealer to be stuck to the connector. As for the glue from the heat shrink tubing. Make a linear cut in the tube and then let the connector get cold. The hot melt glue will then, generally break off the connector leaving it look like new. If the connector is warm, much of the glue will stick. I don't know if that works with the self vulcanizing tape, or coax seal.

73

Roger  (K8RI)