Re: [TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing

To: StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>, Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 14:29:59 -0700

On 6/12/2016 5:29 AM, StellarCAT wrote:
wouldn't budge. Heating I don't believe works - its near impossible to
heat them independently - so they expand together... I tried WD-40, and

Gary

While reading this, I thought of this idea (that I haven't seen
before):  Heat up the tubing (both the inner and outer) and then
squirt water into the inner tubing to rapidly cool it.  For
extra credit, apply liquid nitrogen :-).  Has anyone tried this,
at least with water?  Seems plausible, especially if you get the
tubing well above the boiling point of the water.  You could maybe
use salt water, which boils at a lower temperature?

Rick N6RK