Re: [TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 18:40:33 -0400
Agreed. I should have said, thoroughly coat the tubing. Myself, I don't worry about the excess if the tubing is clamped tight, or in my case, riveted. F12 uses three rivets in a row. I believe they now use two rows at 90 degrees. That last rivet close to the end seriously weakens the inner tube when you are down to 5/16ths, or 3/8ths However, excess Noalox can act as a lubricant if the tubes are not clamped tight. I'd not use a rag to wipe off the excess though as a dry rag is likely to remove too much. Like many things, there is a learning curve to leave the proper amount.

73

Roger (K8RI)